Quality Ingredients You Can Taste
Ommie bars are made with clean nutrition dense ingredients that are wholesome and delicious. Just look at our short ingredient label: dried fruits and seeds. No fillers like oats or flours, no added sugars, no dates, no chalky tasting protein powders. All our bars are heart-crafted by hand by our small family business in Minnesota.
Why fruits & seeds?
As a concerned mother of a child with asthma and severe food allergies, I understand first hand the importance of prevention. When I couldn't find an energy bar that met the needs of my family I decided to launch Ommie Snacks. Made with fruits and seeds, our bars are suitable for people with food allergies and sensitivities.
• Non-Allergenic: If you too are one of the 15 million Americans who suffer from food allergies seeds are a powerful nutritional powerhouse loaded with healthy fats, protein, fiber, minerals, mono-unsaturated fats, zinc and other life-enhancing nutrients like Omega 3s. They provide beneficial fatty acids that one might miss out on when they can’t enjoy the healthy fat from nuts.
• Protein: Pumpkin seeds have a good amount of protein in a small serving, containing 5 grams in just one ounce. They’re a rich source of amino acids and contain an especially high amount of tryptophan, the amino acid that enhances serotonin production in the body. They’re true mood-boosters and make a great addition to any meal to up the protein content.
• Alkalizing and Anti-Inflammatory: Raw pumpkin seeds are green because they have a high amount of natural chlorophyll in them. Even sunflower seeds, while not green, contain chlorophyll. Chlorophyll alkalizes and naturally cleanses the body reducing inflammation that can occur from a high acid diet or other lifestyle factors. It also calms the nervous system, and revitalizes tissues.
• Fiber: Sunflower and pumpkin seeds also have more fiber than many nuts. This can help regulate your blood sugar, enhance regularity, and the fiber in pumpkin seeds is easier to digest than other sources like beans or hard-to-digest grains and nuts. Pumpkin seeds have also been linked to improving insulin regulation, which can help those with blood sugar issues or even diabetes.
• Healthy Fats: Pumpkin seeds are a good source of omega 6 fatty acids and a rich source of mono-unsaturated fats that protect your heart, prevent inflammation, and help manage your weight. Healthy fats ensure good heart health, help balance your blood sugar, and are an important factor in your mood, digestion, and overall health.